Online Therapy and Consultation Services
For various reason, coming into an office for face-to-face sessions can be challenging. To make counseling and psychotherapy more accessible to you, I offer a variety of eTherapy services. There are advantages and disadvantages to receiving eTherapy. Some advantages include receiving counseling in the comfort of your home, the flexibility of not having to drive to my office on a regular basis, and in some cases, an immediate response if an online appointment is available. Concerns about confidentiality, privacy, and unreliable technology can be a disadvantage to online therapy. The scope of help provided in eTherapy can also be limited. I invite you to explore these options and contact me if you have any additional questions. eTherapy is only available for Texas residents.
Video therapy sessions are available through Skype. Once you have scheduled an appointment you can request to connect with me on Skype at my username: moniquemercadophd.
Instant chat sessions are also available through Skype. Sessions are typically 30 minutes long for $45.00. If you are interested in more or less time, give me a call or send me an email and we can make arrangements for this. 512-902-4357
Email therapy allows you to participate in professional, private one-to-one counseling from your email account. The process is pretty simple and you do not need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal. The fee is $25 per detailed email response.
1. You send me an email describing your problem or the issue you want help with.
2. I will read your email and write a detailed response, usually within 24-48 hours.
3. When I have completed my reply, I will send you a PayPal invoice and once I receive your payment you will receive my email response.
Most counseling training programs privilege the mind and silence the body. In my own training as a body-centered therapist I found it difficult to find support from my peers and colleagues in working with the body. I offer consultation services to Licensed Professional Counselors and LPC-Interns interested in incorporating more of their body in their work with clients. Consultation sessions are available in person in my office or online through Skype and/or telephone.
- All prepaid fees for Internet and/or telephone services are NON- REFUNDABLE. There are no exceptions.
- In cases where there may be technical difficulties preventing our scheduled session (e.g., power failure, Internet down, etc.), the session will be rescheduled for another time. (a) If the difficulty is on my end, I will telephone you to inform you of the problem as soon as possible, but no later than the scheduled time. If you go online to the designated chat room, IM session, or video-chat session and I do not show up within 10 minutes, please have available the telephone you list as your primary contact so I can call you during that time. (b) If the difficulty is on your end, you must telephone me to inform me of the problem no later than the scheduled appointment time. If you do not telephone me by the time our session would have ended, you will be charged for that session as a missed appointment.
- When eTherapy services are deemed ineffective, I have an ethical obligation to suggest alternative services (face-to-face sessions).